- I love fires burning in the fireplace, and right now we have them going both upstairs and downstairs (real wood, people – no gas fireplaces for us.) Yay, winter warmth!
- Most of my Christmas shopping is done and I don’t think I need to explain why this causes me so much happiness.
- I’m doing a 30-day in-depth study on JOY and – oh my word – it’s messing with my life! Can you imagine studying only JOY for a whole month? Doesn’t it seem so indulgent? Mostly what I’m discovering is that joy is not what I thought it was. It isn’t quiet or passive or demure. It’s noisy and audacious and muscle-y. Heh. Yeah, it’s kind of a word. It’s been SO good and I can’t wait to see who I am at the end of it!
- We have some wonderful guests coming to share Christmas dinner with us – this makes my little “feed people” heart very glad.
- I have been in love with the same man for 25 years. TWENTY FIVE! Ridiculous and wonderful, that fact.
So, though it’s been a bit of a rough month, I find that I have a whole lot of happiness just sitting here around the edges and corners of my life. It’s going to be a great week!
Thankful for YOU,