We have an exciting opportunity to get lots of exposure for the Amani Life Project and to raise some money as well and – guess what – WE NEED YOU!
Our friend, Angi, hatched a plan to do a giveaway outside of some stores during the busy November shopping weekends. She thought this would be an awesome way to get some donations, but also to make the community aware that Amani is alive and well and sending orphans to college. She shared the idea with Whitney who shared it with Katie A. and Megan I. who sprung into action – asking grocery stores if they would help sponsor our fundraiser. Well, they said YES!
Now, what we have is a serious project, and the name of the project, is STUFFED. We will have Amani Life tables outside many stores in Bend, Redmond and Portland during the weekends of November and will be offering the chance to win a STUFFED box…filled with everything necessary for a Thanksgiving dinner for 6. Turkey, potatoes, pumpkin pie, coffee…even candles and napkins are included! Tickets will only be $2, so everyone can afford to take a shot at winning a big fat dinner for their thanksgiving table. But – bigger than that – they’ll get the chance to become a part of Amani’s mission to send orphaned girls to college. It’s a twofer! This fundraiser will be tons of fun and will be publicized on our web site and we’re hoping it will also be on local radio.
So, here’s how we need YOU!
1) We need YOU at a STUFFED table (STUFFED Staff). Wear a coat and ear muffs and we’ll buy your coffee! Email Whitney Parnell at email@example.com. for times and locations in Bend. Email Megan Inman at firstname.lastname@example.org for times and locations in the Portland area. (Also, Meg tells me the Portland Amani booths are located inside. Comfy. Cozy. We’ll still buy you coffee, though.)
2) We need the STUFFED stuff – and you can donate a little or a lot! We want these boxes to be a real treat to win, so please only buy high quality name brands. Email ME (email@example.com) if you can donate any or all of these things. My list is for ONE box, and we will need to make at least SEVEN…so you can do the math. We’ll need this food – as well as staff for tables – by November 12. If you’d rather send a check or make a donation on our web site, that’s great too – just include a note that it’s for STUFFED.
- 5 pounds of potatoes
- Pepperidge Farm Stuffing Mix
- Large can of yams/sweet potatoes
- 1 can Ocean Spray cranberry sauce
- 1 can large black olives
- 1 bag frozen Rhodes dinner rolls
- 1 pound Tillamook butter
- 1 gallon Tree Top apple cider
- 1 can or jar apple pie filling
- 1 can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 pound of Starbucks or Peet’s coffee
- A 10-12 pound turkey (a brand like Norbest or Butterball)
3) If you know anyone in the grocery/restaurant industry who would be willing to donate STUFF…please go ahead and do the big ask. We can provide a tax deductible receipt and we will publicize them in our materials and on our web site.
Okay – I think that’s it. I’m SO EXCITED about this chance to do something active to speak up for the most vulnerable group of women in our world. Thank you for caring and – mostly – for believing that change is possible.
We are thankful for you,
Bo & Whitney for the ever-expanding and passionate Amani Life Project Team
EXCITING UPDATE: It’s only 8:00 a.m. and we already have one full box donated and several people signed up to work those tables! Keep those emails coming – after a very long week, you guys are absolutely making my day!