Taking Tori to college – the very same campus I lived on 25 (yikes!) years ago – has made me very nostalgic lately. I’ve been remembering the joy, fear, turmoil and freshness of taking those first few breaths of adulthood. It was a fun time for me, but there are a few things I think I would do differently if I was starting over now.
- I would not live on Top Ramen. I believe this launched a carb-craving that remains my nemesis (and my thigh’s nemesis) today. I don’t know what I would have lived on instead of Top Ramen, since my budget was about .08 per day, but still…it’s a wish.
- I would have loved people WAY more intentionally and judged them WAY less harshly. I was young and opinionated and just, in general, right about EVERYTHING and I regret that attitude a lot. It cost me real friends at a time when I really needed them.
- I would have prayed more. Oh wait – that’s on today’s wish list too.
- I would have asked more questions. Being right all the time really limits one’s ability to gain actual knowledge.
- I would have saved more money. Absolutely – this one is at the top of the list.
- I would have worried a lot less about the little things and a lot more about the big picture.
There are lots more, but these came immediately to mind. So how bout you? I know that you’re all at different places in life right now, but what would you do differently if you were starting out fresh now? Your wisdom could make someone else very wealthy!
Looking back and looking ahead,