Today is the birthday of my beloved Katie. She has been my assistant for two years and my friend for way longer. While I’m sure being my assistant looks like a job loaded with glitz and glamor around every turn…it’s actually…um…not so much. And she is great, great at keeping me sane, settled and in attendance at meetings I would otherwise miss because Outlook remains pretty much a mystery to me. I appreciate her for a million reasons, here are a few of them:
- She makes excellent faces in meetings.
- She is clever and witty in ways that most of us can only dream of becoming someday.
- She is overqualifed for her job, but does it with passion and skill out of love for God’s house.
- She has walked with her high school small group so faithfully through up’s and down’s…and MORE down’s…and many would have bailed. Because my daughter is in her group, I appreciate her steady, wise pastoring more than I can say.
- She keeps me clued in to cool, new music and then I pretend I discovered it myself.
- She is my only friend who also loves Parilla and it’s there that she introduced me to the Red Headed Step Child which is quite a lovely little wrap.
- She is patient.
- She loves the Word and knows it well.
- She is prophetic.
- She will be a great, great mom someday.
- She brings coffee to the office when she knows stressful meetings are going on. Not that there are ever stressful meetings in a church…but you know, if there were…she’d bring coffee.
- She is a great speaker, though she’s not convinced about that fact herself just yet. Soon.
I just love Katie, and I’m so thankful for the way she puts up with the good and bad of her job inside a high-velocity megachurch and her job with an unorganized, emotional half-boss (Jay is the other half of her boss collection).
You are wonderful, Katie, and I’m believing that 26 is going to be the very best ever.
I love you!
P.S. My gift to you? I didn’t put a picture in this post. Kidding! I’ll get you a real gift.